K and I spent a great deal of time this past Friday figuring out the poll questions that we intend to ask; it was far more difficult then we intended. It's hard to ask questions that don't have prescribed answers. Also, we're realizing the power that other people have on our project. On the one token, one person can suggest we speak to the person that will get our project some legs. On the other token, if those important people decide not to help out, we're stuck pretty fast. I'm counting on Susan emailing me back, but I'm nervous that I won't know what to do next if she doesn't!
I also started to reflect on the value of our roles. We each have unique skills to bring to the table. For example, I couldn't have gotten the technologies together with the success that K has. The blog is really nice; simple, and the filter in which it organizes itself behind the scenes is brilliant: it essentially automatically categorizes the responses in a spread sheet. We don't have to deal with 40000 email responses.
K and I started a conversation about farming vs. gardening and found it interesting that although we are speaking about something we see more as a farm where people from all over participate in a mass of vegetation, we will have to speak of it with others as a garden which has more hobby-like and fun connotations. Choosing our words with care...
I'm starting to panic to be honest with you (diary) about the project; I'm not sure how prepared K and I are to really make an on campus garden happen. We have a meeting with Lara this week who has built a community garden and I don't know the first thing about it. Interesting side of picking a long-term "realistic" project is that you have to take "real" responsibilities. I hoping this doesn't back fire on us.
No comments:
Post a Comment